Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album

Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > People

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
Donation39 viewsDog walker David Wilson donates to a Red Cross collector on the East Esplanade at the foot of Glenfinlas Street. Image, circa 1943, supplied by his grand-daughter, Marlyn Ritchie.
Potato seekers137 viewsFour images from 1917 of young potato seekers arriving in Helensburgh from Greenock. The local newspaper headline was 'Helensburgh Invaded!'
Sheepdog trials904 viewsA young lady with dogs at the Helensburgh and District Sheepdog Trials at Camis Eskan Farm, circa 1930. Photo by James Russell, Alexandria.
Evening Out710 viewsA group of Helensburgh ladies enjoy an evening out, circa 1933.
Bonny Babies345 viewsA Helensburgh and Gareloch Times image of the organisers and winners — with nannies — at the Baby Show held in the Old Parish Church Hall in June 1933.
Beauty Contest799 viewsEntrants for the 1962 Helensburgh Beauty Contest parade at the outdoor pool on a wet and cold September day.
Exchange choice389 viewsAnne McBrierty is seen receiving flowers from Helensburgh Advertiser columnist Betty Wood (left) after she was chosen to represent Helensburgh Telephone Exchange in the Miss Interflora competition in April 1968. Also in the picture are Grace Robertson and Morag MacPherson.
Robert Thorburn and family343 viewsAlexander Graham Thorburn, drawn by well known local artist Gregor Ian Smith, who was a pal of his. Image supplied by his son, Sandy Thorburn.
Arden shepherd621 viewsRobert MacDonald, who was shepherd at Arden for 32 years before retiring in March 1985.
Finlay McNab682 viewsWell known fisherman and ferryman Finlay McNab, whose home was at Ferry House, Portincaple, also known as Portincaple House, circa 1890.
Hermitage Hospital743 viewsNurses and servicemen are pictured outside the World War One Hermitage House Auxiliary Military Hospital in 1917. Originally the home of the Cramb family, who sold what was then called Cramb Park to the Town Council in 1911 for £3,750, the mansion became an annexe to Hermitage School after the war. After 1926 it became a council workshop and store, and it was eventually demolished in 1963.
Iona Colquhoun marries Marquis735 viewsIona Colquhoun (18), daughter of Luss laird Sir Ivar Colquhoun and his wife and a former pupil of Helensburgh's St Bride's School, married the Marquis of Lorne (26), heir to the Duke of Argyll, at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh in the summer of 1965, and the reception for 500 guests — many of them local — followed at the Assembly Rooms. A surprise guest was Lord Colin Campbell, the Duke's younger son, who arrived unexpectedly from New Zealand. Provost J.McLeod Williamson and Town Clerk Robert Mackay and their wives represented Helensburgh.
44 files on 4 page(s) 1