Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery > Business

TITLE  +   - 
FILE NAME  +   - 
DATE  +   - 
POSITION  +   - 
1952-Decorators-dinner5414.jpg
Painters president566 viewsThe top table at the 1952 annual dinner at the conference of the Federation of Master Painters and Decorators in Scotland, held at Shandon Hydro Hotel, the former home of Robert Napier. On the right is the new president, Helensburgh man Gregory Alexander Burgess, and in the centre is Mrs McKay of Rhu. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.
1st_1957_Advertiser2.jpg
First Edition407 viewsThe front page of the first edition of the Helensburgh Advertiser, published on Friday August 30 1957.
Advertiser-car029.jpg
Advertiser promotion451 viewsThree members of the Helensburgh Advertiser staff sit on proprietor Craig M.Jeffrey's decorated Triumph 2000 car outside the then 17-19 East King Street office and printing plant before promoting the Advertiser and its sister weekly, the Dunbarton County Reporter, at the annual traders Christmas parade in Alexandria in the early 1970s. Centre is Carol Campbell, and on the right Alison Fraser.
Advertiser-staff5071.jpg
Advertiser staff399 viewsThe Rev Murdoch McPherson conducts a radio interview for the BBC in the Helensburgh Advertiser editorial office in East King Street in the late 1960s. From left: Gordon Terris, Bill Heaney, proprietor Craig M.Jeffrey, Mr McPherson, Angela Sandeman, Jimmy Allan.
Advertiser_staff.jpg
Craig M.Jeffrey Ltd. staff497 viewsStaff of Craig M.Jeffrey Ltd., publishers of the Helensburgh Advertiser and the County Reporter and commercial printers, pictured outside the 7-9 East King Street printworks on a sunny day. Standing (from left) are Donald Fullarton, W.T.Slater, Jimmy Allan, Tom McLennan, Norma Jarman, Willie McGillivary, Billy Gilmour, Jim Cavana and proprietor Craig Jeffrey. In front are Stewart Stenhouse, unknown, George Gill and Tony McGinley. Image circa 1970.
Ardencaple_Hotel.jpg
Ardencaple Hotel426 viewsThe Ardencaple Hotel beside the main road between Helensburgh and Rhu when W.Thomson was the manager. A former coaching inn named the Ardencaple Inn, it was built in the early 1800s by the Duke of Argyll and had its own stables to cater for travellers between Glasgow and Argyll. It replaced the Cairndhu Inn which once stood in Cairndhu Park, which is now Kidston Park, and used much of its stonework. About 1860 it became a private mansion owned by Mrs Rosina Drew and her husband Peter, and about 1912 it reverted to being a hotel. Image date unknown.
Ardencaple_Mill.jpg
Ardencaple Mill383 viewsArdencaple Mill, on the left beside Rhu Road Higher. Image published by Macneur & Bryden Ltd., Helensburgh, circa 1917.
Arrochar-Hotel.jpg
The Arrochar Hotel353 viewsAn old view of the Arrochar Hotel. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time. Image date unknown.
Arrochar_Hotel,_colour.jpg
Arrochar Hotel363 viewsArrochar Hotel, circa 1955, after the building of a large extension. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time.
Arrochar_Hotel-1.jpg
Arrochar Hotel104 viewsA 1962 image of Arrochar Hotel and pier on Loch Longside, with Ben Lomond in the background. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time.
Arrochar_Hotel-2~0.jpg
Arrochar Hotel99 viewsOriginally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time. It has been considerably expanded and is now the Arrochar Hotel. Image circa 1925.
Arrochar_Hotel.jpg
Arrochar Hotel319 viewsArrochar Hotel, circa 1948. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time.
76 files on 7 page(s) 1