Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Rhu-Bay-w.jpg
Row Bay203 viewsAn old picture of Row (now Rhu) Bay. Image date unknown.Jan 02, 2014
John-McAdam-Callendoune-Farm-w.jpg
Harvest time209 viewsFarmer John McAdam, of Callendoune Farm, Helensburgh, is seen harvesting a field at Cross Key Brae. Image, circa 1950, supplied by his daughter, Cathy Shearer.Jan 02, 2014
Kilcreggan_from_air.jpg
Kilcreggan from the air216 viewsA 1962 image of Kilcreggan from the air.Dec 16, 2013
Queen_s_Hotel_ballroom.jpg
Queen's Hotel Ballroom253 viewsA 1934 image of the Ballroom at the Queen's Hotel, where countless local dances, wedding celebrations and other events were held. The hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats.Dec 10, 2013
Shandon_conference.jpg
Shandon Hydro Conference280 viewsShandon Hydro was the venue in 1952 for the annual conference of the Federation of Master Painters and Decorators in Scotland. At this conference Helensburgh man Gregory Alexander Burgess was elected president. Four years later he became president of the Incorporated Institute of British Decorators. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.Dec 10, 2013
Burgh_beach_play.jpg
On the beach300 viewsA 1925 image of families relaxing, playing and building sandcastles on Helensburgh beach just to the west of the pier.Dec 04, 2013
Cardross_Golf_Club_opening_1904.jpg
Course opening263 viewsThe assembled crowd at the opening of the present Cardross golf course on May 21 1904. It was designed by the celebrated golfer Willie Fernie who that day played Ben Sayers over the 18 holes. They carded 76 and 77 respectively. It succeeded a six hole course laid out in 1895 on part of the Kilmahew Estate. Image supplied by Archie McIntyre.Nov 18, 2013
Cardross_Main_Street_AM.jpg
Cardross Main Street250 viewsAn old image of Cardross Main Street looking west, with the house which later became the Muirholm Hotel, on the right. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.Nov 18, 2013
Cardross_Parish_Church.jpg
Cardross Parish Church230 viewsAn old image of Kirkbrae and the original Cardross Parish Church which was destroyed by German bombs in May 1941. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.Nov 18, 2013
Kirkbrae,_Cardross.jpg
Kirkbrae, Cardross249 viewsAn old image of Kirkbrae, now Main Street, in Cardross, with the original Cardross Parish Church — destroyed by German bombs in 1941 — in the background. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.Nov 18, 2013
Paddling_pool.jpg
Paddling pool259 viewsChildren play in the now removed paddling pool on Helensburgh's West Esplanade. Image circa 1951.Nov 13, 2013
Pier_packed.jpg
Packed pier272 viewsHelensburgh pier, outdoor pool and seafront are packed on a sunny summer day in 1935.Nov 13, 2013
1665 files on 139 page(s) 10