Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Maclachlans5.jpg
L.MacLachlan & Son Tea Room527 viewsEstablished in 1798, this firm of family bakers and confectioners had premises at 23 West Clyde Street, Quay Head, Helensburgh (above), and also at Roslyn Place, Garelochhead. They also catered for picnic parties. Image circa 1910.Dec 05, 2007
1960_Craigendoran_swim1621.jpg
1960 Craigendoran Swim686 viewsHelensburgh Swimming Club prepare to dive from Craigendoran pier to swim to Helensburgh pier in the annual event in August 1960. The first girl is club champion for many years Sheila Bell, next to her is Elspeth McLean, and fifth girl along is Sandy MacRitchie. The boy second from right rubbing his hands is Colin McCallum. Further details would be welcomed by the editor.Dec 05, 2007
Centenary_monument1662.jpg
Centenary Cross563 viewsThe pink granite centenary cross in the centre of Colquhoun Square in 1905. It was donated in 1903 by Sir James Colquhoun, the 30th of Luss and 5th Baronet, to mark the centenary of the granting of the Burgh Charter in 1902. Later it was moved to the north west quadrant of the square for road safety reasons.Dec 05, 2007
Hermitage_demolition1633.jpg
School comes down1263 viewsPart of the old Hermitage School in East Argyle Street is demolished by Hood and Co. in July 1977.Dec 05, 2007
Old_Luss4.jpg
Luss from north304 viewsThis 1903 view of Luss shows fields where much of the village now is.Dec 05, 2007
West_Clyde_Street1605.jpg
Helensburgh Seafront570 viewsFrom the pier. Date circa 1960.Dec 05, 2007
Image1-152.jpg
West Princes Street682 viewsWest Princes Street looking east. Date unknown.Dec 04, 2007
Image1-144.jpg
Shandon Hydro1047 viewsShandon Hydro and the extensive gardens. Originally West Shandon, this magnificent building was the home of Robert Napier, the greatest figure in Clyde shipbuilding and marine engineering in the mid-19th century. During World War One the Hydro became a hospital, and in World War Two it was used by the army. In 1951 it became a hotel again, but in 1957 it was closed and demolished.Dec 04, 2007
Inversnaid1535.jpg
Inversnaid Falls329 viewsAn albumen photograph of the spectacular Falls of Inversnaid on the east side of Loch Lomond.Dec 03, 2007
Kilcreggan1576.jpg
Kilcreggan337 viewsA 1927 view from the water of Kilcreggan.Dec 03, 2007
Ardencaple1551.jpg
Ardencaple609 viewsAn old picture of Ardencaple. Date unknown.Dec 03, 2007
Esplanade1583.jpg
Helensburgh Esplanade638 viewsA family group on the west esplanade. Date unknown.Dec 03, 2007
1633 files on 137 page(s) 111