Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Garelochhead-Station-w.jpg
Garelochhead Station48 viewsA view of Garelochhead Station on the West Highland Line. Image, date unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 24, 2016
Glen-Fruin-from-Haul-Road-w.jpg
Glen Fruin50 viewsA view of Glen Fruin from a layby on the Haul Road across to Coulport. Image, dates unknown, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 24, 2016
Craigs-pool-w.jpg
Craigs Pool59 viewsA view of the most popular summer picnic area in Glen Fruin, Craigs Pool. Image, circa 2006, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 22, 2016
Fruin-from-Craigs-Pool-w.jpg
Snowy Fruin53 viewsA wintertime scene in Glen Fruin looking to the north and west. Image, circa 2006, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 22, 2016
1948-Hel-Cubs-w.jpg
Cub Party67 viewsOne of several tables at a Helensburgh Cub Party. Back row (from left): Neil Burgess, Margaret Lyon, Billy Campbell, ?, Teddy Boyle, ?, ?; front: ?, Bertie Donaldson, Helen Orr, Angus Tran, sister and brother Campbell, Gordon Fraser, Maggie Rice. Image, circa 1948, supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 21, 2016
Hartfield-House,-Cove-w.jpg
Hartfield House59 viewsThis Cove mansion was owned by James, Lord Inverclyde, second son of the first Lord Inverclyde, and grandson of Sir George Burns, Bart., founder of the Cunard Line. An enthusiastic yachtsman, he was Vice-Commodore of the Royal Northern Yacht Club at Rhu and a member of the Royal Yacht Squadron, president of the Scottish Hockey Association, a cricketer, curler, and tennis player. He leased the shooting on Rosneath moor from the Duke of Argyll. Later it belonged to his son Alan, the 4th Baron, and then became a YMCA holiday home. The mansion was demolished in the 1960s. Image date unknown.Dec 20, 2016
Loch-Sloy-pipes-w.jpg
Loch Sloy pipeline57 viewsThe pipeline from Loch Sloy down the hillside to the Loch Sloy Hydro-Electric Station at Inveruglas on the west bank of Loch Lomond. Work on the scheme started in May 1945, using German prisoners of war, and it was opened by HM The Queen on October 18 1950. Twenty one lives were lost during its construction. Photo supplied by Gordon Fraser.Dec 20, 2016
Rhu-Amateurs-1940s-w.jpg
1945-47 Rhu Amateurs73 viewsA Rhu Amateurs side from the 1940s. Back row (from left): John Parlane, David Dodds, Jim Spy, John Miller, Archie McNab, and John Parlane's twin, Willie; front: Sam Best, Hugh Dawson, Jimmy McIntyre, Peter Small, Charles Russell. Dec 19, 2016
Rhu-old-church-w.jpg
Rhu Church School69 viewsAn old image of Rhu Church School on the village green. Behind it is the second Parish Church, and behind it is the church which is still in use today. Image date not known.Dec 19, 2016
Hermitage-Class-c1943-w.jpg
Hermitage class 194392 viewsA Hermitage Primary School class circa 1943. John McAllan, who supplied the image, is top row third from right, second row extreme right Robert Watt, second row middle Drew Ferguson, third row from top extreme right Douglas Lamb, third from right Jim Kennedy, sixth from right George Milne. Others include top row, far right Alister McLeod; third row down, far left Campbell Jardine; third row down, one in on the left Robin Adair; top row, four in from the left John Oswald; fourth row down, one in from the left Edith Clements; third row down, centre Iain Campbell. More names would be welcome. Image supplied by Iain Campbell.Dec 13, 2016
Countess-of-Arran-1980-w.jpg
Fastest woman on water76 viewsThe Countess of Arran, daughter of Clan Chief Sir Iain Colquhoun, 7th Baronet of Luss, First World War hero and Lord Lieutenant of Dunbartonshire, and his wife Dinah Tennant, pictured on August 11 1980 after becoming the first woman ever to travel at more than 100mph on water. She set the record on Lake Windermere in her boat Trimite Skean Dhu after two runs over the lake at an average speed of 102.45mph.Dec 12, 2016
Rosneath-Farm-w.jpg
Rosneath Farm66 viewsRosneath Home Farm, built in 1801 to the design of Alexander Naysmith, served Rosneath Castle, the original home of the Campbell's. It is now on Scotland's Buildings At Risk Register. Image circa 1910.Dec 12, 2016
1842 files on 154 page(s) 2