Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Rhu_Arden_05_10_13.jpg
Rhu Arden193 viewsA 2013 image of Rhu Arden, 1 Upper Sutherland Crescent, Helensburgh, which was built about 1871 by noted architect William Leiper and was originally named Bonnington. Later he built his own home, Terpersie, next door. Photo by Donald Fullarton.Oct 17, 2013
Rhu-tide-out-w.jpg
Tide out at Rhu158 viewsA view of Rhu Bay with the tide out, circa 1928.Oct 17, 2013
Drimard-w.jpg
Drimard165 viewsDrimard in West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, when it was the home of J.Douglas Hume. Designed by David Bateman Hutton, it was built in 1926.Oct 17, 2013
Drumfad-Farm-Glen-Fruin-w.jpg
Glen Fruin farm155 viewsA 1914 image of Glen Fruin, with Drumfad Farm in the foreground.Oct 17, 2013
Gareloch-from-Rosneath-w.jpg
Gareloch from Rosneath155 viewsTwo ladies admire the view of the Gareloch from Rosneath. Image date unknown.Oct 17, 2013
Garelochhead-from-pier-w.jpg
Garelochhead from pier159 viewsTwo boys play on the pier in this old view of Garelochhead published by M.C.Robertson of West End Library, Helensburgh. The pier, built in 1879, was demolished in 1992.Oct 17, 2013
Helensburgh-Central-w.jpg
Helensburgh Central192 viewsA view of Helensburgh Central Station taken from the Grant Street footbridge on May 28 1971, showing the two sidings to the right.Oct 17, 2013
Manse-Brae,-Rhu.jpg
Manse Brae, Rhu161 viewsAn old image of what was then known as Post Office Road, Rhu — now Manse Brae. Image by courtesy of Jim Shields.Aug 28, 2013
Dunmore-and-Pier-Road-w.jpg
Pier Road, Rhu171 viewsAn old image of the junction of the seafront road and Pier Road, Rhu, with the pier house opposite. The mansion was Dunmore House, which was eventually demolished and replaced by two matching modern houses. Image by courtesy of Jim Shields.Aug 28, 2013
Dunmore-House-w.jpg
Dunmore House, Rhu193 viewsAn old image of Dunmore House which stood beside Pier Road, Rhu, and opposite Rhu Pier. The last owner of the house was a recluse who allowed the building to deteriorate to such an extent that latterly he was living in a tent inside one room because the roof was leaking so badly. It was demolished in the 1970s and replaced by two matching modern houses, Dunmore East and Dunmore West. Image by courtesy of Jim Shields.Aug 28, 2013
Seafront_bandstand.jpg
Bandstand view222 viewsA 1913 image of the bandstand on Helensburgh's West Esplanade, with a steamer berthed at the pier beyond.Jul 23, 2013
Sinclair_Street~0.jpg
Lower Sinclair Street263 viewsLooking north up Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, from Clyde Street. The shop on the right is John Mitchell, wine merchant and grocer. Image by D.R.McCulloch, 62 West Clyde Street, date unknown.Jul 23, 2013
1580 files on 132 page(s) 4