Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Clyde_Street_Primary_c_1962.jpg
Clyde Street School344 viewsA Clyde Street Primary School class, circa 1962. Back row: ?, Royston Pearce, George Beggs, Peter Elliot, John Spy, ?, ?,
Edward McKell, Ronald Park, Billy McKechnie, ?, Harry Stenhouse; middle: Elizabeth Stewart, ?, Lesley Coll, Roderick McKenzie, William Bell, Kenneth Glendye, Neil Harper, ?, Duncan Campbell, Jim Urquhart, Simon Fraser, Colin Reid, Caroline ?; front: Janet Shields, Kathleen Hamilton, Terry ?, Fiona Grant, Helen McWilliams, Hazel Towler, Mary Ross, Susan Taylor, Anne-Marie ?, Elspeth Robertson, Catherine ?. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
May 11, 2013
Clyde_Street_Primary_c_1964.jpg
Clyde Street School 349 viewsA Clyde Street Primary School class, circa 1964. Back row: Ronald Park, Kenneth Glendye, Jim Urquhart, Duncan Campbell, William Bell, Neil Harper, Edward McKell, John Spy, ?; middle: Susan Taylor, Jacqueline Craig, Helen McWilliams, Mary Ross, Lesley ?, Lesley Coll, Fiona Grant, Elspeth Robertson, Kathleen Hamilton; front sitting: Royston Pearce, ?, Janet Shields, ?, Terry ?, ?, Catherine ?, Elizabeth Stewart, Billy McKechnie; on floor: ?, Simon Fraser, ?, George Beggs. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.May 11, 2013
Helensburgh_Amateurs_1907.jpg
Helensburgh FC 1907234 viewsThe Helensburgh team and management in 1907. In the middle row third from right is Abraham Reece. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.May 11, 2013
Helensburgh_Amateurs_1922.jpg
Helensburgh boys team 1922228 viewsAn unknown 1922 Helensburgh boys team.Second from left in the front row is Peter Reece. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.May 11, 2013
Centenary_monument108.jpg
Centenary Monument238 viewsLooking west from Colquhoun Square along West Princes Street before the Centenary Monument was moved from the centre of the square to the north west quadrant. Provost Sam Bryden, who owned Macneur & Bryden's newsagent and gift shop in East Princes Street, Helensburgh, was the man responsible for the erection of the monument. Image circa 1908.May 11, 2013
Training_Ship_Empress109.jpg
Training Ship Empress270 viewsThe Empress moored in the Gareloch off Rhu, with another vessel nearby. She was the second of two charitable training ships for boys, and was in the Gareloch from 1889 until the 1920s, with staff giving a tough and sometimes brutal training to the 300 boys on board at any time. Image circa 1908.May 11, 2013
St__Joseph_s_7th_grade_1958.jpg
St Joseph's School P7 1958364 viewsBack: Margaret Donnachie, Sandra ?, Patricia Connelly, Maureen Malley, Geraldine Dick, Mary Ann Campbell, George McGourlay, Caroline McGonigal, Elizabeth Neil, M.McKay, Anne McLean, Mary McCafferty, Christine Cavana; middle: Marian Finnegan, John Booth, Eillean Kenny, Eddie Jackson, Maria Kolowodski, Margaret Mundie, Rosemary Harlow, Anne McBrierty, Jim Edwards, Margaret Hockey, Lillian McDonald, Jim Kelly, Marlene Cummings; front: Maureen Graham, Andrew Donaldson, Dennis Boyle, Kitty Anne Wilkinson, Ian McDonald, Kathleen Ward, Stephen Shields, Anne Donachie, headmaster James McAuley, Patricia Haggerty, Raymond O'Brien, Catherine McGinley, ?, Francis Gray, Brian Brabender, Johnnie McGinley. Image supplied by John Booth.May 07, 2013
Henry-Bell-obelisk-Bowling-w.jpg
The Bowling Obelisk189 viewsThis memorial to Henry Bell, erected in 1839, stands in the grounds of the semi-derelict Dunglas Castle, which is within a secure area owned by Esso to which entry cannot be obtained. This image was taken by Heritage Trust chairman Stewart Noble while on board the paddle steamer Waverley in 2011.May 01, 2013
Craigrownie_Castle.jpg
Craigrownie Castle285 viewsCraigrownie Castle, Cove, is a B listed building designed by world renowned architect Alexander 'Greek' Thomson in 1852, and recently renovated. There are six reception rooms, including an 800 sq ft ballroom, drawing room, library, morning room, dining room and informal sitting room. Thomson was 34 at the time and better known for his grand classic Grecian architecture in Glasgow. It was built as a weekend retreat by John McElroy, a wealthy Glasgow iron, railway and property magnate. Image circa 1914.Apr 14, 2013
Painting-by-Eleanor-Allen-Moore.jpg
A Bridge in Soochow228 viewsThis painting is by 'Glasgow Girl' Eleanor Allen Robertson, nee Moore, mother of Helensburgh artist and art historian Ailsa Tanner, nee Robertson. The painting was done when Dr Cecil Robertson accepted a post in public health with the Shanghai Municipal Council, and his wife and daughter went with him. Image kindly supplied by the owner of the painting, art collector Jim Smith from Blantyre.Apr 01, 2013
66--Craigendoran-Pier,-Ailsa-Tanner-w.jpg
Craigendoran Pier267 viewsThis drawing by well known Helensburgh artist and art historian Ailsa Tanner captures the curve of the steamer platform at Craigendoran Station. This is one of the works of art in the Anderson Trust Collection, which puts on an exhibition each Spring in Helensburgh Library in West King Street.Mar 29, 2013
Steamers-at-Craigendoran-w.jpg
Steamers at Craigendoran310 viewsA 1933 picture of most of the LNER fleet at Craigendoran. The two which can be seen least well are the Lucy Ashton and the Jeanie Deans, while in the centre are the Talisman and the Marmion. The steamer terminal and station opened for business under the North British Railway on May 15 1882, and steamer services were finally withdrawn in 1972. The piers have since become derelict, and on the firth side of the line the station buildings are long gone.Mar 23, 2013
1577 files on 132 page(s) 7