Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Last additions
Kirkbrae,_Cardross.jpg
Kirkbrae, Cardross220 viewsAn old image of Kirkbrae, now Main Street, in Cardross, with the original Cardross Parish Church — destroyed by German bombs in 1941 — in the background. Image, date unknown, supplied by Archie McIntyre.Nov 18, 2013
Paddling_pool.jpg
Paddling pool230 viewsChildren play in the now removed paddling pool on Helensburgh's West Esplanade. Image circa 1951.Nov 13, 2013
Pier_packed.jpg
Packed pier242 viewsHelensburgh pier, outdoor pool and seafront are packed on a sunny summer day in 1935.Nov 13, 2013
Garelochead-shops.jpg
Garelochhead shops247 viewsThe Main Street and shops in Garelochhead. Image date unknown.Oct 24, 2013
Seafront-shelter.jpg
Seafront shelter263 viewsThe William Street shelter on the West Esplanade, Helensburgh, published by M.C.Robertson, West Clyde Street. It was one of several seafront shelters which fell into disrepair and were demolished towards the end of the century. Image circa 1910.
Oct 24, 2013
Highlandman_s-Road-w.jpg
Pine Wood248 viewsA 1908 image of the entrance to Pine Wood and the Highlandman's Road, Helensburgh.Oct 17, 2013
La-Scala-staff-1920s.jpg
Cinema staff265 viewsMembers of staff of La Scala Cinema in James Street, Helensburgh, in the 1920s when the importance of going to the cinema was emphasised by the dress of the staff.Oct 17, 2013
Rhu_Arden_05_10_13.jpg
Rhu Arden298 viewsA 2013 image of Rhu Arden, 1 Upper Sutherland Crescent, Helensburgh, which was built about 1871 by noted architect William Leiper and was originally named Bonnington. Later he built his own home, Terpersie, next door. Photo by Donald Fullarton.Oct 17, 2013
Rhu-tide-out-w.jpg
Tide out at Rhu237 viewsA view of Rhu Bay with the tide out, circa 1928.Oct 17, 2013
Drimard-w.jpg
Drimard247 viewsDrimard in West Lennox Drive, Helensburgh, when it was the home of J.Douglas Hume. Designed by David Bateman Hutton, it was built in 1926.Oct 17, 2013
Drumfad-Farm-Glen-Fruin-w.jpg
Glen Fruin farm229 viewsA 1914 image of Glen Fruin, with Drumfad Farm in the foreground.Oct 17, 2013
Gareloch-from-Rosneath-w.jpg
Gareloch from Rosneath223 viewsTwo ladies admire the view of the Gareloch from Rosneath. Image date unknown.Oct 17, 2013
1645 files on 138 page(s) 9