Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Most viewed
Seafront-sketch.jpg
Seafront vision294 viewsAn imaginative sketch of a busy Helensburgh seafront in the 1870s. Image supplied by Stewart Noble.
Baird-plaque5131.jpg
Plaque unveiling293 viewsHastings museum curator Miss Victoria Williams tells a story about John Logie Baird and his work in Hastings at the unveiling on March 12 1997 of a plaque at the house in Linton Crescent where he lived in the early 1920s and developed his invention of television. Centre is Dr Brian Manley, president of the Institute of Physics, and right is the Mayor of Hastings.
Fruin-Water071-w.jpg
Fruin Water293 viewsAn old image of the Fruin Water. Image date and exact location not known.
HMS_Jamaica.jpg
HMS Jamaica293 viewsA June 1960 image of HMS Jamaica laid up in the Gareloch. Taken by Stewart Noble on board Tommy Wright's Gareloch yacht Catriona.
Lucy_Ashton,_Jeanie_Deans.jpg
Popular paddlers293 viewsA 1948 view of two of the most popular steamers at their base at Craigendoran Pier, the Lucy Ashton and the Jeanie Deans.
Princess_Anne-20569.jpg
Up Periscope293 viewsHRH Princess Anne looks through the periscope on board a Polaris submarine at Faslane in the late 1960s.
Remembrance-1968-w.jpg
Remembrance Day 1968293 viewsThe official party at the 1968 Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. In front are the Commodore Clyde and Provost J.McLeod Williamson. In the row behind are Town Clerk Robert Mackay, Councillor Norman Glen, Bailie John Langan, Bailie Mrs Jae Gardiner, and Councillor Ian Johnston.
Tarbet_pier.jpg
Tarbet Pier293 viewsA 1905 image of Tarbet Pier on Loch Lomond, with Ben Lomond beyond.
Victoria_Hall028.jpg
Victoria Hall293 viewsThe Victoria Hall in Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, with its original metal railings in front which were removed during World War Two to help the war effort. They were replaced to mark the burgh's bicentenary in 2002 after an initiative by the Friends of the Victoria Hall. The building itself was funded by public subscription in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, and was altered and added to by A.N.Paterson in 1899.
30-line-BBC-TV-1932.jpg
292 views30 line TV from the BBC, circa 1932. T.H.Bridgewater is on the left.
Leaders_and_Rovers_1918_.jpg
Helensburgh Scout Leaders292 viewsHelensburgh Scout Leaders and Rover Scouts pose for a formal photograph, circa 1918. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Luss_from_pier.jpg
Luss from pier292 viewsAn old photo of Luss from the village pier. Image date unknown.
1625 files on 136 page(s) 102