Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Most viewed
Busy_seafront1731.jpg
Busy Seafront680 viewsA packed west esplanade on a sunny day in the summer of 1967.
Waverley_(R_Ryan).jpg
Waverley at Helensburgh680 viewsThe paddle steamer Waverley arrives at Helensburgh pier in the evening sunlight of June 22 2005 on the annual midsummer sail. Built by A. & J.Inglis at Pointhouse, Glasgow in 1946, the 693-ton Waverley entered service in 1947 and is the world's last sea-going paddler. Photo by Robert Ryan.
1960_Craigendoran_swim1621.jpg
1960 Craigendoran Swim679 viewsHelensburgh Swimming Club prepare to dive from Craigendoran pier to swim to Helensburgh pier in the annual event in August 1960. The first girl is club champion for many years Sheila Bell, next to her is Elspeth McLean, and fifth girl along is Sandy MacRitchie. The boy second from right rubbing his hands is Colin McCallum. Further details would be welcomed by the editor.
1962-Hermitage-under-14.jpg
Hermitage under 14s678 viewsThe Hermitage Academy under 14 'A' football team who won the West Dunbartonshire League in 1962, winning 15 out of 16 matches. Back: G.Don, A.Brabender, A.Quinlan, A.Stimson, K.Thompson, G.Gall, G.McKerrow; front: teacher Mr McKinnon, M.Mickie, A.Sharpe (capt), A.McGougan, S.Colquhoun, janitor and coach Angus McWilliams. Missing from the picture was C.McKell.
Helen-Stewart~0.jpg
Helen Stewart678 viewsHelensburgh-born Helen Stewart, wife of Sir Jackie Stewart, presents the 1966 Milk for Energy Race trophy to winner Alan Robinson at Ingliston motor racing circuit, near Edinburgh.
Hermitage-stones-w.jpg
Hermitage carvings677 viewsCarvings from the frontage saved after the old Hermitage School in East Argyle Street was demolished. It was built in 1880 in late Gothic style for the School Board of Row on land formerly part of Hermitage House made available by the Cramb family, and demolished in 1977 by George Hood & Co. Ltd. This image compilation is from photos taken by Stewart Noble of the carvings, now in the garden of the home of Mr Hood's son Charlie.
Image1-152.jpg
West Princes Street676 viewsWest Princes Street looking east. Date unknown.
Swimming_Club_Party2.jpg
Swimmers Party675 viewsA Helensburgh Swimming Club Party in the Pillar Hall in the 1950s. Image supplied by Iain McCulloch.
Helensburgh-cricket-1970.jpg
Helensburgh 1st XI 1970674 viewsHelensburgh Cricket Club 1st XI in front of the old wooden pavilion at Ardencaple, taken a few weeks before the pavilion was burned down by vandals in August 1970. The 30ft x 20ft building was at the east end of the ground and was erected early in the 20th century to replace the first pavilion, which was on the north side. The third pavilion, now a large clubhouse which has been expanded, is on the west side. Standing: Archie Colvin, Chris Cowan, Douglas Grewcock, David Lean, Julian Rey, scorer Helen Grewcock; front: Rod Hacking, Brian Samphire, Fraser Nicol, Jack Grewcock, Ian Moir, Jack Buckham.
puttinggreen.jpg
Seafront Putting Green673 viewsThe card is postmarked 1957.
Glenmallon-1.jpg
Glenmallon School672 viewsPupils of Glenmallon School on Loch Longside travelled to Helensburgh for this 1940 class photograph. Back row: Agnes ?, Alison Craig, Ernest ?, Rita Beattie, Rosemary Cameron, Rae Bolton (kilt); middle row: Sheila Anton, Peter McKichen, Betty Bowie, Miss Ferguson, Elspeth ? On ground: Jean Stone and Jimmy Beattie. Image supplied by Stella Trainor, Ontario, Canada.
Image1-101.jpg
Helensburgh Putting Green669 viewsDate unknown.
1626 files on 136 page(s) 14