Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Most viewed
Image1-101.jpg
Helensburgh Putting Green763 viewsDate unknown.
Craigendoran-Upper11.jpg
Craigendoran Upper Station762 viewsCraigendoran Upper Station, the start of the West Highland Line which opened in 1894. Like all the local upper stations, except Rhu, it was designed to look like a Swiss chalet. Image date unknown.
Helensburgh-derailment4.jpg
Helensburgh derailment761 viewsThis derailment, which occurred about 1968, is shown from the Adelaide Street footbridge looking west towards Helensburgh Central Station.
Hermitage_Academy_Class_2A_1967-68.jpg
Hermitage Academy Class 2A 1967-8761 viewsBack row: Norman McIvor, Geoffrey Thompson, George Beggs, Andrew McNeill, Stanley Sowinsky, Jamie Hulme, Scott Paige, Robert Prescott, George Cusker, Richard Makeham, Alan Oldfield; middle: David Harris, Stephen Richards, Ian Doig, Sharon Temple, Sheena Smith, Elizabeth Truscott, Noelle Odling, Lynne Price, Laura Johnstone, Duncan Campbell, Robbie McLean, John Burnhill; front: Sandra Werry, Fiona Bryce, Susan Cogger, Heather Mennie, Marion Hancox, Susan Taylor, Mary Ross, Rosalind Mulligan, Anne Munn, Lorna Will, Alison McLuskie. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
Rugby_Club_20th.jpg
20 years of Helensburgh rugby760 viewsThe top table party at a dinner held at Helensburgh Rugby Club at Ardencaple on November 19 1983 to mark 20 years of the town's rugby team. From left are founder captain Fergus Howat, past secretary Douglas Dow, guest of honour Gordon Brown of West of Scotland, Scotland and the British Lions and known as 'Broon frae Troon', founder secretary Donald Fullarton, Helensburgh Cricket and Rugby Club past president Fraser Nicol, and past captain the Rev Russell Davidson.
Image1-152.jpg
West Princes Street759 viewsWest Princes Street looking east. Date unknown.
Ardenvohr.jpg
Ardenvohr758 viewsThe villa Ardenvohr at Rhu, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families, taken from the top of the Rhu Church tower. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image circa 1952.
Craigendoran-Swim102.jpg
Pier to pier swim756 viewsEntrants in the annual Craigendoran pier to Helensburgh pier race run by Helensburgh Amateur Swimming Club are pictured on Craigendoran pier before the start. The winners were Jacqueline Craig (2nd from right) and Ken Mercer (right). Image circa 1965.
St_Bride_s_School085.jpg
St Bride's School755 viewsSt Bride's School for girls at 10 Stafford Street, which was founded in 1895. In 1977 it merged with Larchfield School for boys to become Lomond School. The St Bride's building was largely destroyed in an overnight fire in 1997, but was rebuilt to house the senior and top primary pupils. Image circa 1934.
Cenotaph.jpg
Helensburgh Cenotaph754 viewsAn old photograph of the Cenotaph in Hermitage Park. Today the lettering of the names of the fallen is weather-beaten, and for safety reasons the pool is kept empty.
Helensburgh_Pier1102.jpg
Helensburgh Pier753 viewsA sunny day on the pier, with coloured lights running the length of the pier. Date unknown. From the image collection of the late Nan Moir, of Cove.
Hermitage-Park-well3.jpg
Wishing Well753 viewsThe Hermitage Park wishing well. Legend has it that a hermit lived in and gave his name to Hermitage Park. This wishing well was known as the Hermit's Well, and it was said that he granted a wish to those who drank from the copper ladle inside. It exists to this day, but is in a very poor state. Image date unknown.
1696 files on 142 page(s) 16