Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Most viewed
PS_Talisman061.jpg
PS Talisman383 viewsThe North British steamer Talisman, built in 1896 by A. & J.Inglis at Pointhouse, Glasgow, for the Craigendoran to Rothesay route. Undertook World War One service as HMS Talla sweeping mines at Troon and Portsmouth. On refit after the war, the deck saloon was extended the full width of the hull and the bridge was moved forward of the funnel. She was on the Rothesay and Kyles of Bute service until the end of the 1934 season, and then was scrapped at Barrow. Image circa 1920.
Rhu_from_Mill_Bay2924.jpg
Rhu from Mill Bay383 viewsA very old picture of Rhu Bay from Mill Bay, Rosneath, as a steamer passes, published for Winton, Stationer. (Post Office) Rhu, Gareloch. Image date unknown.
St_Michael_and_All_Angels_Sunday_School_outing_1929.jpg
Sunday School outing383 viewsSome of the young people who attended the St Michael and All Angels Church, Helensburgh, Sunday School outing in 1929. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
Kilcreggan_aerial.jpg
Kilcreggan from the air382 viewsAn aerial view of Kilcreggan and its pier. Image circa 1961.
William-Taynton-1939.jpg
William Taynton382 viewsWilliam Taynton is seen with large cathode ray tubes at Radiolympia in 1939.
Early-West-Kirk-interior.jpg
West Kirk interior381 viewsAn early picture of the interior of St Andrew's Church of Scotland, then Old and St Andrew's, then the West Kirk, and now Helensburgh Parish Church. Image supplied by a former minister of the church, the Rev David Clark.
Princess_Anne-10558.jpg
Royal Guest381 viewsHRH Princess Anne watches children at work in the Drumfork Club at Churchill in the late 1960s.
St_Michael_s_Church.jpg
St Michael's Church381 viewsSir Robert Rowan Anderson, a pupil of George Gilbert Scott, designed St Michael and All Angels Scottish Episcopal Church, at the corner of William Street and West Princes Street, and maintained an interest in the subsequent decorative additions. Amongst the important contributors to the cost of its erection in 1867 was William Gladstone. Image published by M.C.Robertson, West End Library, Helensburgh, circa 1912.
Arrochar_Hotel.jpg
Arrochar Hotel380 viewsArrochar Hotel, circa 1948. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time.
Baird-plaque-May-1-1952-w.jpg
Burgh plaque unveiled380 viewsOn May 1 1952 a commemorative plaque for John Logie Baird was unveiled at Helensburgh's Municipal Buildings. On the left is Provost William Lever performing the unveiling. On his left are one of the Bailies, then Annie Baird, Diana Baird, Jean Conley (nee Baird), Malcolm Baird, two councillors or officials, and the second Bailie.
cornmill.jpg
Old Corn Mill380 viewsOld Corn Mill, Rosneath.
Postmarked 1910
Ferry_House.jpg
Ferry House380 viewsChildren play on the shore at Ferry House, Rosneath, formerly Ferry Inn. The Edwin Lutyens-designed building was commissioned by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise, the Dowager Duchess of Argyll, in the 1890s and rebuilt from an old pub, and for a time it was a home for injured soldiers. Bob Hope stayed there while entertaining troops at the nearby World War Two naval base. It fell into disuse, but was rebuilt again in the late 1950s by boatbuilder Peter Boyle. Image circa 1904.
1703 files on 142 page(s) 97