Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Most viewed
Gareloch_from_Rhu.jpg
Gareloch from above Rhu355 viewsA view over Rhu Spit — before it was dredged and widened — to Rosneath from above Rhu. Image circa 1920.
A_Fresh_Day,_Portincaple,_Loch_Long____by_Violet_Kay.jpg
“A Fresh Day, Portincaple, Loch Long” by Violet Kay354 viewsViolet MacNeish Kay (1914–1971) was the daughter of well known artist James Kay (1858–1942), who designed their house Crimea on a hill at Whistlefield, overlooking Loch Long, and it is this view that is the subject of many of their paintings. This painting was acquired in 2009 by the Anderson Trust.
Band_1896.jpg
Boys Brigade Band354 viewsOfficers and boys of a Helensburgh Boys Brigade band, circa 1896. Image supplied by Sue Taylor.
Burnfoot.jpg
Burnfoot354 viewsThe Burnfoot farmhouse at Arden on Loch Lomondside, looking north towards Ben Lomond. Also known as Burnfoot of Ross Farm. Nearby the ferry to Inchmurrin leaves. Image circa 1920.
Clynder.jpg
Clynder354 viewsAn old view of the beach and lochside houses at Clynder. Image supplied by Eleanor Evans; image date unknown.
Gregor_Ian_Smith3181.jpg
Gregor Ian Smith354 viewsA drawing of Helensburgh artist Gregor Ian Smith as a young man by his friend and fellow artist James Dunlop Burgess. Image supplied by Jenny Sanders.
Hermitage-1B-w.jpg
Hermitage class354 viewsClass 2B at Hermitage School, circa 1956. More details would be welcomed. Image supplied by Iain D.McAulay.
HLTC-prizegiving_c1975.jpg
1970s tennis winners354 viewsTrophy winners at Helensburgh Lawn Tennis Club are seen in this image, circa 1975. From left: Donald Fullarton, Alex Hamilton, Alistair Hope, Marie Dixon, Gill Thomson, Jean Dron, Sue Forster, Lesley Cocks, Duncan Robson, Muriel Borland.
St_Michael_s_social_c1956.jpg
St Michael's Social354 viewsA social occasion at Helensburgh's St Michael and All Angels Church circa 1954. Image supplied by Robert Whitton whose father, the Rev R.A.Whitton, was minister of the church from 1951-9 and is in the picture.
Victoria_Hall028.jpg
Victoria Hall354 viewsThe Victoria Hall in Sinclair Street, Helensburgh, with its original metal railings in front which were removed during World War Two to help the war effort. They were replaced to mark the burgh's bicentenary in 2002 after an initiative by the Friends of the Victoria Hall. The building itself was funded by public subscription in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, and was altered and added to by A.N.Paterson in 1899.
Baird-buggy1.jpg
Baird with tricar353 viewsA young John Logie Baird with a passenger in a Humber tricar, image circa 1906.
Old-Parish-Church-interior.jpg
Old Parish Church interior353 viewsThe interior of Helensburgh's Old Parish Church, which stood on the seafront and later became a Church of Scotland centre for servicemen and women. Now only the tower is standing, and contains the tourist information office. Image supplied by the Rev David Clark.
1694 files on 142 page(s) 99