Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage

Most viewed - Heritage
Comet___Ferry.jpg
Comet replica535 viewsThe replica of Henry Bell's Comet, built in 1962 by apprentices at Lithgow's yard at Port Glasgow to mark the Comet's 150th anniversary, is seen passing the Renfrew ferry which is on the south bank of the Clyde.
Drumfad-Farm-Glen-Fruin-w.jpg
Glen Fruin farm535 viewsA 1914 image of Glen Fruin, with Drumfad Farm in the foreground.
Fruin-Water071-w.jpg
Fruin Water535 viewsAn old image of the Fruin Water. Image date and exact location not known.
Queen_s-Hotel019-w.jpg
Queen's Hotel535 viewsThe Queen's Hotel was originally Baths House, built by Henry Bell, who built Europe's first commercial steamship the Comet in 1812 and was the first Provost of Helensburgh. The building has had many alterations but still stands on East Clyde Street, having been converted into flats. Image date unknown.
Rhu-from-behind3889.jpg
Rhu from behind535 viewsAn unusual view of Rhu village from the hill behind. Image circa 1926.
Territorials-in-England-w.jpg
Four brothers535 viewsFour Helensburgh brothers who were Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Territorials, pictured circa 1939 almost certainly in England by the look of the hanging tiles in the background. Charlie and Jock McDonald are standing, with Lachie and Tommy McDonald in front. Image supplied by Mrs Betty Stewart, Lachie's daughter.
Baird-buggy1.jpg
Baird with tricar534 viewsA young John Logie Baird with a passenger in a Humber tricar, image circa 1906.
Baptist_Cruise0761.jpg
Baptist Cruise534 viewsThe Rev Russell Davidson (3rd from left), minister of Helensburgh Baptist Church, and members of the Baptist Association on a cruise on Loch Lomond aboard the Maid of the Loch. Date unknown.
Comet-flywheel-w.jpg
Flywheel and anvil534 viewsThe Comet flywheel and Henry Bell's anvil resited on Helensburgh's East Bay, close to the original jetty, as part of the Helensburgh bicentenary celebrations. It was formerly in Hermitage Park. Photo by Donald Fullarton.
Early_Gareloch.jpg
Gareloch evening534 viewsA view south looking across Rhu Pier to the Training Ship Empress moored in the Gareloch. Image date unknown.
Prince_William-11.jpg
Prince William-4534 viewsHRH Prince William of Wales visited HM Naval Base Clyde at Faslane on October 19 2007 in his honorary Royal Navy capacity as Commodore-in-Chief Scotland and Submarines. He is pictured arriving at the base in one of the Royal Marines new high-speed offshore raiding craft, which he boarded at the Clyde Offsite Centre in Rhu and which he took control of for a time. Prince William is currently a serving Second Lieutenant in the Household Cavalry, also known as the Blues and Royals.


Rhu-Bay5333.jpg
Looking towards Rhu534 viewsA view of the Gareloch from Kidston Park looking towards the Ardencaple Inn, circa 1906. In the background top right is the mansion Glenoran, which was demolished in the 1960s.
1904 files on 159 page(s) 108