Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
Helensburgh_Pier007.jpg
Seafront and pier430 viewsSummer crowds pack Helensburgh's west esplanade, with the pier beyond, and some youngsters are paddling. Image circa 1912.
Hermitage-Park-bandstand-w.jpg
Hermitage Park bandstand430 viewsThis bandstand stood at the south end of Hermitage Park. It played host to popular Sunday afternoon concerts, but then literally fell apart through disuse and was never replaced. Image date unknown.
Rosneath-House.jpg
Rosneath House430 viewsA print of Rosneath Castle probably from a book written by John M.Leighton around 1840, entitled "Strath Clutha or Beauties of the Clyde". The name J.Fleming is in the bottom left corner and the name Joseph Swan in the bottom right corner. John Fleming was a Greenock artist who lived from 1792-1845. Joseph Swan was a Glasgow engraver and, it would appear, something of an entrepreneur. Image supplied by Stewart Noble.
Garelochhead_from_west.jpg
Garelochhead from west429 viewsLooking down to Garelochhead village from the hillside on the west side of the Gareloch. Image date unknown.
Old_burgh_print3152.jpg
Helensburgh 1830429 viewsThis antique steel plate engraving on fine paper measures 6 x 9 inches and shows children playing on the burgh shore to the east of the Baths (later Queen's) Hotel. It was drawn by John Fleming, engraved by Joseph Swan and published by Joseph Swan in 1830 for ‘Select Views on the River Clyde’ by John M.Leighton.
Rosneath-from-Rhu4043.jpg
Rosneath from Rhu429 viewsA steamer, possibly the Lucy Ashton, is seen passing Ferry Inn at Rosneath. Image circa 1920.
Deborah-Kerr277-w.jpg
Deborah Kerr in gown428 viewsHelensburgh screen and stage star Deborah Kerr pictured in a beautiful gown. The circumstances are not known, so any information would be welcomed by the editor of the Helensburgh Heritage Trust website. Image circa 1950.
Jubilee_cake_1982.jpg
Cutting the cake428 viewsHelensburgh Cubs and Leaders at the cutting of the Jubilee cake in the Victoria Hall in 1982. Among those in the picture are Alan Crawford (left) and Mrs Mary Copeland (centre). Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Rosneath_shore21211.jpg
Rosneath shore428 viewsA sketch of the shore at Rosneath. Date unknown.
Seafront-(Tuck)085.jpg
Seafront view428 viewsA Tuck & Sons Oilette postcard of Helensburgh seafront, circa 1907. It was painted by Henry Wimbush, who was most active in painting between 1881 and 1908 when he lived at various addresses in London. Like many of his contemporaries in the Tuck's postcards stable, he toured Britain for inspiration and his coverage was far more comprehensive than many of the other Tuck illustrators — including a number of Clyde scenes. His watercolours were published by Tuck between 1904 and 1908, the majority in the Oilette series.
3rd_Cougar_Cubs1981.jpg
3rd Cougar Cubs427 viewsMembers of Helensburgh's 3rd Cougar Cubs pictured in 1981. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Early_Rhu.jpg
Rhu village427 viewsAn early image of the village of Rhu, at that time Row. It shows the school where the village green now is, and the villa Ardenvohr, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image date unknown.
1740 files on 145 page(s) 93