Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
East-Bay-_-3-girls.jpg
The East Bay385 viewsAn old view of the East Bay looking towards the town centre. Image date unknown.
Glen_Fruin_cattle.jpg
Glen Fruin385 viewsCattle in Glen Fruin, looking west from near the Black Bridge. Image pre-1945, but date unknown.
Rhu-Bay131.jpg
Rhu Bay385 viewsA motor yacht moored in Rhu Bay with the village beyond, circa 1909.
William-Taynton-1939.jpg
William Taynton385 viewsWilliam Taynton is seen with large cathode ray tubes at Radiolympia in 1939.
Deborah_Kerr_1954_film.jpg
Deborah Kerr in 1954 movie384 viewsHelensburgh film star Deborah Kerr, stunned from the explosion of a World War Two flying bomb, wends her way through the rubble-strewn London streets after saying goodbye to her lover in this scene from David E.Rose's 1954 film 'The End of the Affair'. She co-starred with Van Johnson and John Mills in the David Lewis production for Columbia Pictures.
Ferry_House.jpg
Ferry House384 viewsChildren play on the shore at Ferry House, Rosneath, formerly Ferry Inn. The Edwin Lutyens-designed building was commissioned by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise, the Dowager Duchess of Argyll, in the 1890s and rebuilt from an old pub, and for a time it was a home for injured soldiers. Bob Hope stayed there while entertaining troops at the nearby World War Two naval base. It fell into disuse, but was rebuilt again in the late 1950s by boatbuilder Peter Boyle. Image circa 1904.
Kilcreggan_aerial.jpg
Kilcreggan from the air384 viewsAn aerial view of Kilcreggan and its pier. Image circa 1961.
Operatic-Society-1959.jpg
Operatic Society384 viewsMembers of Helensburgh Amateur Operatic Society on stage at the Victoria Hall for the 1959 annual production. Image supplied by Rae Symon; further details wanted.
Rhu_from_Mill_Bay2924.jpg
Rhu from Mill Bay384 viewsA very old picture of Rhu Bay from Mill Bay, Rosneath, as a steamer passes, published for Winton, Stationer. (Post Office) Rhu, Gareloch. Image date unknown.
St_Michael_s_Church.jpg
St Michael's Church384 viewsSir Robert Rowan Anderson, a pupil of George Gilbert Scott, designed St Michael and All Angels Scottish Episcopal Church, at the corner of William Street and West Princes Street, and maintained an interest in the subsequent decorative additions. Amongst the important contributors to the cost of its erection in 1867 was William Gladstone. Image published by M.C.Robertson, West End Library, Helensburgh, circa 1912.
Arrochar_Hotel.jpg
Arrochar Hotel383 viewsArrochar Hotel, circa 1948. Originally a coaching inn and called The Arrochar Inn, it was also the Torrance Hotel for a time.
Cardross_Golf_Club_opening_1904.jpg
Course opening383 viewsThe assembled crowd at the opening of the present Cardross golf course on May 21 1904. It was designed by the celebrated golfer Willie Fernie who that day played Ben Sayers over the 18 holes. They carded 76 and 77 respectively. It succeeded a six hole course laid out in 1895 on part of the Kilmahew Estate. Image supplied by Archie McIntyre.
1703 files on 142 page(s) 97