Helensburgh Heritage Trust Photo Gallery

Your online photo album


Home :: Login
Helensburgh Heritage Trust :: Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Home > Heritage > Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery

Most viewed - Welcome to the Helensburgh Heritage Trust Gallery
Baird-colour-tv2.jpg
Colour television529 viewsOn July 3 1928, John Logie Baird achieved colour television for the first time. The camera and receiver were modified versions of the mechanically scanned system first demonstrated by Baird in January 1926. Two months later he demonstrated his new discovery to a scientific audience in Glasgow at the annual meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. The picture is an artistic reconstruction done in 1949 of the July demonstration at his company’s laboratory in London.
Clyde-Regatta-by-Arthur-H_Turner.jpg
Clyde Regatta529 viewsArthur H.Turner's picture of a Clyde Regatta is one of three images from the Anderson Trust collection of local works of art which have been printed as greetings cards and are on sale at The Scandinavian Shop in Sinclair Street, Helensburgh. The other two are "View from the Long Croft" by Viola Paterson and "View from the Golf Links" by John Young Hunter.
Craigendoran_Hall_Oct_1981-2.jpg
1st Craigendoran Scout Hall opening529 viewsBoys in the 1st Craigendoran Scouts show their climbing process at the opening of their Scout Hall beside the Clyde CE Centre in 1981. Image supplied by Geoff Riddington.
Deborah-Kerr-(older)557.jpg
Deborah Kerr in the 80s529 viewsAn autographed photograph of Helensburgh film star Deborah Kerr, circa 1985.
Old_burgh_print3152.jpg
Helensburgh 1830529 viewsThis antique steel plate engraving on fine paper measures 6 x 9 inches and shows children playing on the burgh shore to the east of the Baths (later Queen's) Hotel. It was drawn by John Fleming, engraved by Joseph Swan and published by Joseph Swan in 1830 for ‘Select Views on the River Clyde’ by John M.Leighton.
Rhu-Village~0.jpg
Rhu Village529 viewsLooking down on Rhu village and Rhu Bay from above the drive of a hillside mansion, circa 1959.
Gareloch-sunset130.jpg
Gareloch sunset527 viewsYachts moored on the Gareloch at Rhu in the sunset, circa 1935.
Luss_Church_window5.jpg
Luss Parish Church Window527 viewsA Colquhoun memorial window.
Pier_packed.jpg
Packed pier527 viewsHelensburgh pier, outdoor pool and seafront are packed on a sunny summer day in 1935.
Rhu-Spit016.jpg
Rhu Spit527 viewsA view of the Gareloch from above Rhu. Image date unknown, circa early 1900s.
Early_Rhu.jpg
Rhu village526 viewsAn early image of the village of Rhu, at that time Row. It shows the school where the village green now is, and the villa Ardenvohr, built in 1857 to the design of local architect Thomas Gildard and at various times the home of the Muir and Hoggans families. It became the Royal Northern Yacht Club clubhouse in 1937, and in 1978 the club's name changed to the Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club. Image date unknown.
Rhu-village-green4633.jpg
Rhu Village Green526 viewsChildren enjoy playing on the village green in front of Rhu Church, circa 1905.
1851 files on 155 page(s) 98